There are a ton of fun things to do in Ocean City, Fenwick Island, Lewes, Bethany Beach and Rehoboth. Lots of them cost money but we’ve come up with a list of 25 Free things to do in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches so that you don’t have to break the bank on vacation.
- Catch a sunrise or sunset.
- See live music at the Bethany Bandstand.
- Visit the Boardwalk! Bethany Beach, Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach each have one.
- Ocean City Air Show (June).
- Build a sandcastle.
- Watch a movie at the Bethany Beach Bandstand (Mid-June to late September).
- Take a free brewery tour! Dogfish Head offers free samples.
- Get a free sample of popcorn at Fisher’s Popcorn. (June 7 – August 30).
- Take a tour of the Indian River Life Saving Station.
- Movies on the Beach at 27th Street in Ocean City at the Carousel Hotel. Bring a towel or a chair.
- See horseshoe crabs spawn in June during a full moon at a night time high tide.
- Explore the six mile Breakwater Junction Trail.
- Ride a bike!
- Ocean City Art League is always good for a free lecture or opening reception.
- Rehoboth Beach Farmer’s Market (every Tuesday, 12-3 in the late spring/summer).
- There’s always a calendar of events at the South Coastal / Bethany Beach Library.
- DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum.
- Window shop at Penny Lane Mall in Rehoboth.
- Northside Park in Ocean City. There’s often free fireworks on Sundays in the summer but it’s also just a fun place to hang out.
- See the light show from the boardwalk in Ocean City. (9pm – 11pm every night from late May to early September.)
- Nassau Valley Vineyards has a self-guided tour. Be sure to get a taste of the wine before you leave!
- Lay out at night on the beach and watch for shooting stars.
- Go to a book signing or author talk at Browseabout Books in Rehoboth Beach.
- Bethany Beach Farmers Market (June 3 to September 2).
- Zwaanendael Museum in Lewes commemorates Delaware’s first European colony.
- Go surfing!
Free Things to Do in Ocean City, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island and Lewes Recap
How many of these have you done? We’d love to hear your thoughts about our list of free things to do in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches it as well as any other suggestions that you might have!
If you like this, be sure to check out our list of 53 Fun Things to Do at the Maryland and Delaware Beaches as well as the Best Places to Eat at the Beach!