Best Bars in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches
Are you taking your vacation time in Ocean City and the Delaware beaches? If so, chances are you’re going to want to go out at least once for a beer for four (or more?) We’ve put together a list of the best bars in Ocean City and the Delaware beaches for you to help you pick the perfect place to grab a drink at the beach.
- Bethany Boathouse – close to downtown, easy to park and a hop, skip and a jump from Sea Colony.
- FIN’s Alehouse and Raw Bar – Their happy hour features $2.50 domestic bottles and all kinds of seafood. If you like peel and eat shrimp, raw oysters, or fish and chips, come grab a beer and a bite.
- Mango’s – Their signature drink, the Mango Margarita has left me feeling good on many an occasion. And their “No Shower Happy Hour” means you can come as you are, sandy feet and all. Plus, Happy Hour goes from 1pm – 6pm!
- Bottle and Cork – Start hydrating well in advance if you know you’re headed here. Never had a bad time here and seen a lot of great live music.
- Dewey Beer Company – They brew their own beers on site and some of them are strong. Real strong. Like 12% strong.
- Nalu – If you’re looking for a little bit of Hawaiian at the beach, this is the place.
- Northbeach – Spent a good bit of my twenties here. It’s right on the water and you can literally get your feet in the sand. Plus there’s free tacos on Friday.
- Starboard – They have a Make Your Own Bloody Mary bar right in the heart of downtown Dewey. Discount on tequila on Thursdays.
- Catch 54 – Sweet location on the water and a little fancy. The perfect place to go on a date. Plus they have a lot of wine to choose from.
- Harpoon Hannah’s – This has been one of my favorite places to hang out for years. They have a tiki bar that sits right out on the water and a pretty big bar indoors when the weather isn’t cooperating.
- Smitty McGee’s – Specials every day of the week. Saturday’s and Sunday’s are a bloody mess with bloody mary’s starting at $6.99.
- Buxy’s Salty Dog Saloon – Any Pittsburgh fans in the house? This bar is your home away from home. Come on in and cheer your Steeler’s on.
- Dead Freddie’s – It’s kid friendly. The kids have their own separate play area so the adults can chill and watch the game on several of their large TV’s.
- Fager’s Island – Live music, a great view and tons of craft brews to choose from.
- Fish Tales – A dock bar. The very best kind. Watch boats come in and out, hang out on the water and relax in their sky chairs.
- Macky’s Bayside Bar & Grill – wanna drink on the beach? You’ve come to the right spot. Plus, they have a happy hour from 3-6 (bar and cocktail lounge only) where canned beers are $3.00!
- Purple Moose Saloon – Live music/entertainment every night of the week. AC/DC, Judas Priest, and Alice in Chains cover bands rule the roost here.
- Ropewalk – Crushes, slushies, beer and wine, heck they even have Frosé.
- Seacrets – Does it really need any explaining? Jamaica, USA is has so many bars and stages that you can get lost inside (or out) if you’re not careful. You can literally spend an entire day here (and people do!) Float in a tube, pull up in your boat, dance, drink, eat…Seacrets has been drawing people to Ocean City for years.
- Skye Bar – Drink up on the roof! Join them for their Big Champagne Happy hour which is from 11:30am – 3pm when you can get half price bottles of Moet & Chandon, Dom Perignon and Veuve Clicquot.
- The Original Greene Turtle – The Greene Turtle has expanded to several states but the original is located in Ocean City. Come on out for some beers, wings and maybe leave with a Green Turtle t-shirt.
- Irish Eyes Pub and Restaurant – On the water. Happy hour with $2.50 domestic drafts. Fish and chips. Guinness. Life is good at Irish Eyes.
- Kindle – Cocktails and $2.00 Natty Boh’s.
- On the Rocks – Drink at the Cape May Lewes Ferry. No, really. The patio is sweet and you can watch the boats come and go.
- The Pig and Publican – Lots of wine, lots of craft beer and a handful of specialty martinis.
- Aqua Grill – Gay friendly and drag brunches. Need we say more?!
- Arena’s Deli – Come to drink and watch sports. Order the nachos. Trust me.
- Big Chill Surf Cantina – If you like a beachy, surf board kind of vibe, this is the place for you. Plus they’ve got tons of beers and a really good lemon crush.
- Dogfish Head Brewery – Dogfish head beer was the first craft brew I ever drank. Their new space in downtown Rehoboth now includes an outside patio.
- Purple Parrot Grill – Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 3-6PM at the bar. And it’s half off! Plus there’s karaoke several nights a week as well as a drag show on Sundays.
- Rehoboth Ale House – 20 draft beers, open mic comedy nights. And the shows never have a cover.
- The Pond Bar and Grill – Trivia night is a fun thing to do here. Had so much fun one night I left my sweatshirt there lol. LGBTQ friendly.
Burley Oak Brewing Company – It’s not really at the beach but you should make a special trip to visit this brewery in Berlin, Maryland. The beers are freaking delicious and they make a big can of root beer for anyone wanting to be the designated driver.
Best Bars in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches
How many of these bars have you been to?! Looking for a place to eat after drinking? Or before? Check out or Best Places to Eat in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches. We’ve also got a list of the Best Things to Do in Ocean City as well as 25 Free Things to Do in OC and the DE Beaches. Give ’em a look and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below!
Oh and if you haven’t left yet, be sure to check out our story on the Things to Know Before Visiting Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches.